Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Knuckel Drager Is Still King



If you haven't, and you should have, go see Knuckel Drager. For those that don't know the band, they hail from Madison, WI, as far from the beach as imaginable, but they manage to play some of the tightest garage/surf/drag racing music around. Also, they re-recorded their song "Mod Top" for the theme to Vote Joe, and it it kicks ass.


They opened for Exene at a crummy little club called Rebel (I mean, who names their club Rebel? Why not just name it "Rock and Roll Club Bar" or "The Peach Pit After Dark?"), then three of the band changed outfits and backed Exene. I bought as much merch as I could afford and still buy beer. Thanks to my wife, Anita, for buying more beer when I ran out of cash. Anyway, they played a great set, then they looked like they were having a ball backing Exene. Not just "Hey, I am enjoying my life as a musician," but "Holy shit, we are backing Exene and this is the greatest time I have had ever!"


Please, just give them a listen. If you disagree, then I still like you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home