Monday, October 16, 2006

Pressure


Title: Pressure
Artist: 400 Blows
Purchased: Don't remember
Verdict: Out


There is a 400 Blows from LA. This is not them, but they have to be better than this. Mind you, I still think that any band that names themselves after a Truffaut film sucks. Joe Garden Rule of Rock. Put it in your playbook. Pressure is a 12" single that comes with four different versions of the same track. "Track," not "song." The original is a dull, almost inaudible melody, a lazy drum machine 4/4 beat, with the word "pressure" sort of sung intermittently throughout. There may have been other vocals, but even after four versions, I can't remember them. I want to listen to it again so check, but we're listening to The Devil's Anvil, and I can not be bothered to take off something interesting in order to put on something so dull, even for you, curious reader.

When I was in high school, I never knew what dub was. If a record, at least the kind I was buying at the time, had a "dub version," it meant that they cut out some vocals and cut in some lame. This has a "dub version" entitled "Dubbing Pressure," which means echo on the vocals and tinny distortion on the drum. Sorry, drum machine. Also, there's "Radio Pressure," "Club Pressure" and "Perspective 2." Wait, maybe that last one isn't a version of "Pressure," but it was not distinguishable from that song in any way. This wealth of versions is probably great for DJs who wanted to keep the groove going, but who can dance at 92 beats per minute? I, according to some, am a terrible dancer, but I know what makes terrible dance music. This is it.

2 Comments:

Blogger JW said...

Huh, well I guess this means that I should probably toss my albums by those wonderful French bands "Day for Night," "Small Change" and "The Last Metro." Friggin' Truffaut! Whatta douche!

1:49 AM  
Blogger VoteJoe said...

Now now. Truffaut is not the d-word. It's those untalented bands that try to latch onto his Truffaut Train.

7:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home