Sunday, September 24, 2006

Singles Purge 1



Less surface space on the vinyl = less words on Needledropper. I bought three of these from the Reckless Records blow-out singles bin for 50 cents each.

Service Anxiety The Persistent Inversion of Solution by Protective Powers EP
Friends of friends, nice guys. I bought this at a show in Chicago. Sort of spazzy punk with Chris Thompson-y singing. Over all, not too inspired on record, but it is one off the thickest 7"s I own. Pretty beautiful in that regard, and I love the letterpress sleeve, but I still wouldn't listen to the record again. Out.

Tulips "Wet" b/w "King Of Sex"
Female singer doing Killdozer's "King of Sex?" In.

Rise Above "Beat It" b/w "What It Is (Unity)" "Real Deal"
Belgian hardcore and all that entails. Out.

Roughage & Masonna "Calendar Girl"/Nimrod "Getting Rained On"
I remember a time when I would have liked this, but I think I'm mostly over my Japanese noise phase. Out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home