Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Duplicate Problem



Sometimes, I buy a copy of a record I already have because I can't bear to have it languish in a thrift store or used record store. Selfish, I know. Sometimes, I forget I have a record and buy it, only to find it on my shelves already. Sometimes, I get it for free and can't bear to pass it up.

In my routine pruning of my collection, I came across the following duplicates:

The Specials The Specials (already donated to Chris Karwowski, aka DJ Digestif)
Brian Eno Taking Tiger Mountain (By Strategy)
Blood, Sweat and Tears Blood, Sweat and Tears
Blondie Autoamerican
Thompson Twins Side Kicks
Squeeze Sweets From A Stranger
Adrian Belew Desire Caught By The Tail
Men At Work Business As Usual

I know, I know. Why the hell should I have duplicates of some that albums I shouldn't even own? Well, the earlier offer for free music stands. If any reader wants any of these, let me know.

And speaking of purging duplicates, I've been saving a bunch of CDs that have been scratched, thinking that there must be a way to revitalize them. Well, I was right. A friend at a video rental store has graciously resurfaced several different CDs for me, saving an imported Caetano Veloso from the garbage, restoring a Bettye Swan that someone gave me, and rendering a scratched-to-hell $1 used purchase of The Eels Shootenanny playable once more. It also left me with duplicates of several CDs, including The Beatles Revolver, Barbara Manning In New Zealand and Trenchmouth The Broadcasting System. Also, I have a few copies of The Eternals High Anxiety remix EP that I bought because I wanted to spread the love. If you'd like one of these, or one of ANY of the records I am getting rid of, email joe dot garden at gmail dot com.

1 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

Oooh, if I had a record player, I'd take your Brian Eno. But then I'd have 5 records and no record player. Four is a fluke, five is a little ridiculous.

7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home