Wednesday, February 14, 2007

The Original Sin


Title: The Original Sin
Artist: Cowboys International
Purchased: Madison, Early 90s
Verdict: Blaaa-aaat


80s teen comedy high school dance scene band. This is what Jello Biafra has described as "skinny-tie wimpola pop music." There might have been a time when I would have liked this record, but, unfortunately, I can't really remember it. Or maybe thank god I can't remember it. Even though my purchase locale of "Madison, Early 90s" is vague, it may be completely incorrect. It may have come from Springfield, IL. Wait, I think it was from a weird church basement thrift store in Madison. Yes, it's coming back to me. I went down and pawed through records and this stood out as the most interesting one. I also bought a David Soul record. There's nothing worse than the feeling of having gone through a bin without walking away with at least one record tucked under your arm, except perhaps the realization that you bought a shitty record out of a misplaced sense of obligation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home